Options Dialog Box
You can change many of the settings that affect the 7-Zip File Manager in the Options dialog box. To access this dialog box select Options from the Tools menu.
The options dialog box contains the following pages:
Allows you to specify the behavior of 7-Zip in the filing system.
- Associate 7-Zip with
- Allows to associate 7-Zip with file name extensions.
There are two list of associations: for "Current User" and for "All Users".
To set associations for "All Users" you must run 7-Zip File Manager
with administrator rights.
Each association can have up to 4 states:
- no association.
- AppName - the extension is associated with another program (not 7-Zip).
- [7-Zip] - the extension is associated with another copy (edition) of 7-Zip.
- 7-Zip - the extension is associated with this copy of 7-Zip.
You can switch between these states by clicking on cell. Or you can change states for all extension by clicking on "+" button.
Allows you to specify behavior of 7-Zip in Windows Shell.
- Integrate 7-Zip to shell context menu
- Select this check box to add 7-Zip commands to Shell Context Menu. There are two check boxes in 64-bit system. So it's possible to enable 7-Zip context menu for 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
- Cascaded context menu
- Select this check box to group 7-Zip context menu items to one 7-Zip submenu.
- Icons in context menu
- Select this check box to show 7-Zip icon in context menu items.
- Eliminate duplication of root folder
- That option allows to eliminate duplication of root folder for "Extract to" operations, if all files in archive are placed in folder with name that is identical to name of output folder.
- Context menu items
- Lists the optional context menu items. If an item is checked, 7-Zip will add this item to the context menu.
Allows you to set the folders which 7-Zip will use for internal purposes.
The working folder section allows you to specify a folder which will be used for temporary archive files:
- System temp folder
- 7-Zip will use the Windows temp folder.
- 7-Zip will use the folder containing the target archive.
- 7-Zip will use the folder specified in the following edit control.
- Use for removable drives only
- Specifies whether 7-Zip should use the specified folder settings only for removable drives; for other drives, 7-Zip will create temporary archives in the folder containing the target archive. If you clear this check box, 7-Zip always will use the specified folder settings mode always.
7-Zip uses temporary archive files for all update operations. So, for speed reasons, it is recommended that you select the System temp folder option and select Use for removable drives only check box.
Allows you to specify settings for the editor.
- Specifies the path to the viewer that will be used for "View" command (F3).
- Specifies the path to the editor that will be used for "Edit" command (F4).
- Specifies the path to a file comparison utility that shows the differences between two files.
Allows you to specify some settings.
- Show .. item
- Shows .. item in file list.
- Show real file icons
- Shows real file icons in file list. If this option is enabled, listing updates can be slower.
- Full row select
- When an item is selected, the item and all its subitems are highlighted.
- Show grid lines
- Displays gridlines around items and subitems.
- Single-click to open an item
- If enabled, File Manager opens files and folders by single-clicking them.
- Alternative selection mode
- If enabled, File Manager keeps selection mark when you move cursor.
- Show system menu
- Shows a system context sub-menu in the File menu.
- Use large memory pages
- If enabled, 7-Zip will try to use large pages. This feature allows an increase in speed of compression. This may cause 7-Zip to pause when starting compression, because of allocation of the large pages. Also, the Windows Task Manager doesn't show the real memory usage of the program, if 7-Zip uses large pages. This feature works only on Windows 2003 / XP x64. Also you must have administrator's rights for your system. Recommended size of RAM: 1 GB or more. To install this feature you must run 7-Zip File Manager at least once, close it and reboot the system.
Allows you to change the default language.
- Lists the available languages.
Other documents on this site:
- 7-Zip Manual /7zC.txt
- 7-Zip Manual /readme.txt
- 7-Zip Manual /copying.txt
- 7-Zip Manual /lzma.txt
- 7-Zip Manual /Methods.txt
- 7-Zip Manual /unRarLicense.txt
- 7-Zip Manual /License.txt
- 7-Zip Manual /src-history.txt
- 7-Zip Manual /7zFormat.txt
- 7-Zip Start Page
- Menu Items and Shortcut Keys
- 7-Zip File Manager
- Options Dialog Box
- About Dialog Box
- Extract Dialog Box
- 7-Zip Plugin
- Add to Archive Dialog Box
- Exit Codes from 7-Zip
- Command Line Version User's Guide
- Command Line Syntax
- -y (assume Yes on all queries) switch
- -so (write data to stdout) switch
- -ai (Include archive filenames) switch
- -scc (Set charset for console input/output) switch
- -w (set Working directory) switch
- -bb (Set output log level) switch
- -sni (Store NT security information) switch
- -t (set Type of archive) switch
- -ssc (Set Sensitive Case mode) switch
- -ssw (Compress files open for writing) switch
- -stx (Exclude archive type) switch
- -si (read data from stdin) switch
- -sns (Store NTFS alternate Streams) switch
- -spf (Use fully qualified file paths) switch
- -- (Stop switches parsing) switch
- -x (Exclude filenames) switch
- Command Line Switches
- -ax (Exclude archive filenames) switch
- -r (Recurse subdirectories) switch
- -sfx (Create SFX archive) switch
- -i (Include filenames) switch
- -slp (Set Large Pages mode) switch
- -an (Disable parsing of archive_name) switch
- -stl (Set archive timestamp from the most recently modified file) switch
- -sa (set Archive name mode) switch
- -scrc (Set hash function) switch
- -ao (Overwrite mode) switch
- -o (set Output directory) switch
- -u (Update options) switch
- -m (Set compression Method) switch
- -spf (Use fully qualified file paths) switch
- -scs (Set charset for list files) switch
- -p (set Password) switch
- -slt (Show technical information) switch
- -sdel (Delete files after including to archive) switch
- -v (Create Volumes) switch
- d (Delete) command
- rn (Rename) command
- b (Benchmark) command
- l (List contents of archive) command
- e (Extract) command
- Command Line Commands
- a (Add) command
- t (Test integrity of archive) command
- u (Update) command
- h (Hash) command
- x (Extract with full paths) command
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 7z Format
- General Information
- License for use and distribution
- Supported formats