7-Zip is a plugin for manipulating archives. It makes all archive files look like usual folders in File Manager.
Most of the operations with compressed files can be initiated by right-clicking on files in the File Manager (or in Windows Explorer) and selecting the appropriate command from a menu.
- Opening archive
There are two ways to open an archive file:
- If you have the file type associated with 7-Zip, then you can open the file with 7-Zip by double-clicking the file or by right-clicking and selecting the Open command.
- You can right-click the archive file, point to 7-Zip, and then click the Open command item.
- Extracting archive
There are two ways to extract files from an archive:
- To extract all files from an archive right-click the archive file, point to 7-Zip, and then click the Extract files... command item.
- To extract specific files from an archive, open it by Open archive with 7-Zip, select the items to extract, and run the Copy To... command.
Extract Dialog will appear.
- Testing archive
To test an archive, right-click the archive file, point to 7-Zip, and then click the Test archive command item.
- Creating and updating files in an archive
For creating or updating an archive file, right-click the file(s) or folder(s) you want to compress, point to 7-Zip, and then click the Add to archive... command item. Add to Archive Dialog will appear.