Extract Dialog Box
Allows you to specify options for extracting files from archive.
How to run this dialog box
There are two ways to run this dialog to extract all files from an archive:
- In Windows Explorer or in 7-Zip, right-click the archive file, point to 7-Zip, and then click Extract files....
- Select the archive file in 7-Zip and press Extract button.
- Extract to
- Provides a space for you to specify an output folder. You can click "..." button to display "Browse for folder" dialog box that you can use to locate output folder.
- Path mode
Specify extract mode:
Value Meaning Full pathnames Extract files with full pathnames. No pathnames Extract files without folder paths. Absolute pathnames Extract files with absolute pathnames. 7-Zip doesn't use folder specified in "Extract to" field for files in archive that have absolute pathnames. Absolute path can include drive name.
- Eliminate duplication of root folder
- That option allows to eliminate duplication of root folder, if all files in archive are placed in folder with name that is identical to name of output folder.
- Overwrite mode
Specify overwrite mode for files that already present on disk:
Value Meaning Ask before overwrite Ask before overwriting existing files. Overwrite without prompt Overwrite existing files without prompt. Skip existing files Skip extracting of existing files. Auto rename Rename extracted files, if a file with the same name already exists. For example, file document.txt will be renamed to document_1.txt. Auto rename existing files Rename existing files, if a file with the same name already exists. For example, file document.txt will be renamed to document_1.txt.
Specifies a password for encrypted archives.
- Show Password
- Show a password in Password field.
- Restore file security
- Restore file security information, if archive contains that information. That feature now is implemented only for WIM archives.